Friday, April 18, 2008

Cyalisex


Those damn Cyalis commercials make me cringe. The football being thrown through the "hole" and the faucet springing a leak are about as suggestive as an exposed penis. We get it- take this drug and you’re getting lucky. Tonight, I saw the Cyalis ad that takes the cake. In the commercial, a youthfully vibrant 50something couple has their college daughter at home for the weekend. The handsome duo can hardly wait to jump each other’s bones, but must wait till college-aged daughter goes out for the evening. When she leaves early, the couple is ecstatic (he has taken his Cyalis and is "up" for the challenge). So many things are wrong with this ad, I don’t even know where to start. But let me begin by saying that anyone that’s lived with children for 18+ years isn’t going to look as shiny and smooth as the actors in the ad. Children add not only love to their parents life, but also excessive worry and the accompanying gray hair, wrinkles and undereye bags that go with it. I’ll be lucky if I don’t look like a rotten apple when I hit the big 5-0. Where this comedy of a commercial gets really funny though is by suggesting that an empty-nester couple simply cannot contain themselves for the 48 hours that their coed is home to do her laundry. Do they mean to imply that this is the same couple that produced this college-age daughter? Is this the same couple that went through chldbirth, recovery, late nights of vomit and fevers, and studying for night school? In other words, there are plenty of times in a marriage where you cannot hop each other’s bones. Life gets in the way. So really, can’t you keep it under wraps long enough to hear about the big homecoming game? You know what? I bet a man wrote this commercial. I’m sure of it. Men are always up and ready. And I bet most wouldn’t complain of an erection lasting longer than four hour

No comments: