Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've been a little preoccupied

Dear Readers,

It's been a little busy around here. Scot is doing some contracting work (Yahoo!!!!) so I've been happy, thus less prone to bitch, therefore not blogging to my imaginary friends. That doesn't mean I don't need you, so don't leave.

My best friend Joelle was here last weekend and we had a blast. She took 546 pictures of my family over the course of the weekend and took me out to lunch and dinner. In exchange I let her listen to my kids be reprimanded and provided her with a mattress on the floor. She must like me, or at least she did before she saw the accommodations. A best friend is supposed to overlook a multitude of failings, and Joelle does that. She is the most considerate, thoughtful, fun person to spend time with. We've always said that we could be sitting with each other in an insurance seminar and find something to laugh about. We've known each other since we were in our mothers' uteruses and she is the family I have chosen. Here's how much I love her- I think she voted for McCain. I don't ask, she doesn't tell. Love has crossed over party lines.

My parents are home from their 3 week European river cruise tonight. Their arrival signifies the beginning of the holiday season. I'm excited to catch up with them and pour my eyes over the H+M shirts they purchased for me in Amsterdam. I miss calling them to discuss Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann nightly. They were gone for the election so we have much to celebrate.

We've been paid, so the wolf is away for now. Everyone is relatively healthy, and Thanksgiving is next week. I'll be making the mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and cranberry ring. My sister is bringing the turkey, bread, pecan pie, and stuffing. My mother will make grand mom's frozen salad and sweet potatoes. We're planning on eating, riding bikes, playing games and gaining weight. Thankful I am.

3 comments:

Joelle said...

It was more than 546 pictures....kids that gorgeous deserve many more. Our time together was outstanding as we can paint the town red or do absolutely nothing. It is always perfect. To say that she is my best friend doesn't encompass it. It isn't a powerful enough of a term. She is there. Always. My Web MD, my sounding board, my fashionista and cheerleader. I would truly be lost without Toni.

Unknown said...

That is so sweet- I just had to comment. You two are truly lucky, because it's rare to find a best friend so early in life that you grow up to love just as much!
And I'm jealous of the Thanksgiving where you can ride bikes and play games. Ours is with my aunts and very negative/complaining grandma, and the food has to be perfect, and there's nothing for the kids to do. Can't wait to start our own traditions someday! And I miss my mom- boo hoo. I think I need my own blog, because now i can't stop writing!!!

Jennifer said...

Joelle sounds as important to you as Diane is to me. We are both so lucky to have found such amazing friends.