Monday, December 29, 2008

That Phone Call

The last couple of weeks have been ecstatically peaceful and joyful and it's not only because of the holidays. It's also because the 18-month old isn't here.

I need to fire a client. The time has come. And I'm dreading it. Because I'm a people pleaser, and it pains me to be flat-out honest and tell someone their kid is the anti-Christ who makes my head spin.

In short, he's a terror. The little guy comes to my house four days a week, for two hours at a time. The last time he was here, he felled the tabletop Christmas tree and hit someone on the head with a plastic hammer. Diaper changing is bloodsport, and we can't take a walk while said child is here because he doesn't listen and walks in the street.

I've told the mother that this child has issues. I've put up with this for five months. Her passivity and "Jesus rescues, Heals and Cooks Dinner" attitude aren't going to be enough to save the child. He needs a serious time-out on his ass.

Next week, Scot starts an insane schedule. He's working, plus picking up two electives in addition to his usual course load of two classes. He needs to do that to graduate in May, without paying more moola. I will soon become Mr. and Mrs. Mom. I cannot and will not handle anyone that is not marching in a straight line during this stressful time. Hence why I need to get rid of this charge.

The tricky part is this: the mother and father of anti-Christ teach at the school Nora attends. That would be the school that reduced our tuition earlier this year because we were down-and-out-of-work-poor. But the money I receive for watching this child is meager. And I'm thinking my mental health is more important (Scot definitely thinks so.) So, I'm gonna be an ass at the religious school. No matter what excuse I come up with to get rid of the child. I'm going to be an ass.

Tomorrow I'll get off my tuckus and be an adult. I'll make the uncomfortable phone call. The first time I take Nora back to school I'll expect a nasty look or two. But, in a couple of weeks, I'll be happy and my life will be more peaceful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh at last. I wondered just how long it would take for you to do this phone call thing. It was either your call to make or it would be our call to the mental clinic. Seriously this kid is adrift somewhere in Jesus world.
M

Anonymous said...

Oh at last. I wondered just how long it would take for you to do this phone call thing. It was either your call to make or it would be our call to the mental clinic. Seriously this kid is adrift somewhere in Jesus world.
Mom

Jennifer said...

Oh boy! Good luck with that phone call!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey T, Nora only has 5 months of school left...! Good luck with your call, with your way of words it will be fine. Tomorrow is a new day!! Praise Jesus..(snort)