Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy, Happy New Year

I've never really cared about New Years Day. In the past, it was just a sad reminder that the holidays were drawing to a close. But after a turbulent year, I spent today living the joy, beauty, and promise of a new year.

It was 70 degrees and sunny as we boarded our bikes. We rode to McDonalds, and then off to our local running store. After that, we went to the market for coffee, and headed home. I sat outside this afternoon, writing "thank you" notes from Christmas. The day was capped off by homemade sweet and sour chicken and Nobilo wine. A perfect, simple day spent with my perfect, sweet little family.

It was a year of tonsil removal, bad health diagnosis for my father, and a devastating job loss for Scot. But, alas, the year ended well. I'm eager to begin this year, and feeling confident in our future.

I am the luckiest son-of-a-gun in the world. I rang in another year, and am still surrounded by all my loved ones. Happy 2009!

No comments: