Thursday, January 28, 2010

Soap Sell

The other day, Liz -> commented on how good some Aveda shampoo smelled.
Jen's hawking glasses from Pier 1. ->
So, I thought I'd plug my favorite hand soap.

I LOVE fragrance. Honestly. Nothing gives me such satisfaction as inhaling wonderful florals, pot roast, and laundry detergent. Give me perfume, lotions, candles, or hand soap that smells good and I'm as happy as if I'd been given diamonds. Almost.

Generally, I think Williams-Sonoma is a bit too expensive. Do you remember the time I wrote about the fancy commercial-grade linen press? Puhlease. It's fun to peruse the $700 copper pots for a minute, but I get quickly annoyed at how something so fundamentally simple and essential could cost so much. As if you'd ever use something that pretty anyway?!

But they make good soap. And I can afford it. E very holiday season I make a special trip to the store and buy Winter Forest Hand Soap and Lotion. It's an annual tradition of epic planning. It smells heavenly!

My current dispenser is almost empty. BUT, I am considering something radical. I might, just might, make the jump and buy another one of their fragrances. I know, it's a crazy idea.

1 comment:

Happy Me said...

Go for it! You deserve the treat :-)