Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jersey Gurl

Scot is still in disbelief he married a Jersey girl.  He always thought he'd meet a Georgia Peach. Not sure what the  hell form of perfection he believes that term implies, but   I feel obligated to inform to him that Paula Deen is from Georgia.

We'll meet strangers and he'll actually mention  my state of origin in the introduction.  

"Yeah,  her name is Toni and she's from Jersey." 

I'm not sure what that means.  Does he feel fortunate  he married someone so outspoken and cool?  Or is he horrified?

Jersey has competitive shopping, traffic circles, crazy hot-blooded Italians and long diner lines.  With all those every-day life stressors,  everyone's inner biotch has to emerge.  If it doesn't,  you will be walked over,  and your table will be taken.

Whatever.  I'm damn proud of it, biotch.   Jersey gave me my voice.    It molded my personality and allowed me to ask my microbiology teacher why she was "staring at me like I was crazy."  Okay,  maybe it also  deleted my vocal sensor.
 On Friday,  I will be seeing some of my favorite Jersey People.   I will be staying with fellow blogger and friend Jen.

  I  can't wait to see and hear my favorite fellow Jersey Gurlz.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

This Jersey Girl cannot wait to see you. And as for Jersey perks, you forget we get our gas pumped for us at the station!

toni said...

so funny. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said something to that effect. Definite pro of Jersey living.

Liz Anne said...

I can't believe the one weekend you come out I'm on call. Enjoy your visit with my cousin, and your reunion.

toni said...

Liz,

I was going to ask Jen if we could see you!!! I'm sorry you'll be working. :(