Monday, October 11, 2010

We're more than just spray tans

I'm used to Jersey jokes.  For some reason,  New Jersey is everyone's punching bag. For the most part,  I laugh it off.  But sometimes,  it gets annoying.  Why always Jersey?  I don't hear about people in Des Moines being picked on for their potatoes.

  I've told a lot of folks  I'm headed back to Jersey  (this trip is  exciting for me,  as I haven't been to the homeland in almost nine years).  With straight faces,  three people  asked me if I know Snooki.   Are they serious?  Are these the same people who would ask  "what exit?"

Yes,  Jersey has its share of scary things like Snooki, Newark, and the Jersey Devil.  But I  think of Jersey and have better visions.  I see   Princeton, Mendham, Cape May,  tomatoes, antique shops, and  cider doughnuts.

I must tell you,  I was insulted.  Really truly insulted. 

Do I look like I would know a Snooki?

3 comments:

Happy Me said...

Absolutely not! There ARE so many more wonderful things about Jersey that the general public has no clue about!

Liz Anne said...

They probably also pronounce it "Joisey". I hate that.

Jennifer said...

I told Freda, in jest, I want my reunion name tag to read "Snooki". If she feels silly and did it, you can send a pic of me, name tag and all, to these peeps. :)