Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 107 - Working all the angles, calling on all the angels

Catholic:
O God, the source of all health.
Fill my heart with faith.
Be near me in times of weakness and pain. Although I know You are in control, I am apprehensive about what faces me. You made me, loved me, and have provided my surgeon with needed skill to perform a miracle in my behalf. Sustain me by Your grace that my strength and courage may not fail; Heal me according to Your will.
Amen.



Buddhist:May all that have life be delivered from suffering - Gautama Buddha

THE FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS:

  1. All is suffering (dukkha).
  2. Suffering is caused by desire/attachment.
  3. If one can eliminate desire/attachment, one can eliminate suffering.
  4. The Noble Eight-fold Path can eliminate desire. Extremes of excessive self-indulgence (hedonism) and excessive self-mortification should be avoided.
More important than anything is to say that we love you dad. Sleep tight and we'll see you tomorrow.



2 comments:

Happy Me said...

I'm calling the angels for your dad too!

Stacy said...

Toni, that is beautiful! He's going to do great!