Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dinner Divine

I've been following Weight Watchers again for the last 3 weeks.  I have good days and bad.  Thursday was bad.  Yeah,  4 margaritas,  25 jumbo shrimp, and a bowl of chips are not countable points.  But tonight,  I was pretty good.

I've been getting into turkey burgers.  I really/shouldn't/can't have beef,  so I'm doing turkey.  And it's starting to be so good that I'm not even missing ground beef anymore.

  Terriyaki Turkey Burgers:

1 lb. lean turkey
3 tbs. panko bread crumbs
1 tb. original terriyaki sauce (the thin,  not-too-sweet stuff)
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon fresh or powd. garlic
1/8 teaspoon cajun spice
fresh pepper

We cooked the burgs in 4 oz. portions.

Topped it all with pineapple slices,  (whole pineapples are only $1 at Fry's right now!!!),  dill pickles, and terriyaki mayo (2 tbs. light mayo mixed with 1 tsp. terriyaki and a shake of white pepper)

Eat with  Kettle Brand BAKED potato chips in Salt-n-Vinegar. Have you had these?  Have you?  Holy cow.  65% less fat than regular chips and they actually feel and taste like chips.  Not that baked crap Lays puts out.

Oh,  and I had two Fat Tire Skinny Dip summer beers.  They are a light beer weighing in at a slim 110 calories.  Tons of flavor,  with only 2 Weight Watchers points. 

It was fantastic.  Delicious. And I  have no remorse.  Didn't have the corn pictured,  but it looks pretty darn good, no?

Tomorrow,  I will share one of my favorite recipes with you all.  I made it last night after a long hiatus and remembered again why I love it so...

Good night dear friends. 

2 comments:

Happy Me said...

That sounds delicious and healthy!

Liz Anne said...

Sounds great, even the salt and vinegar chips. I'll have to look for the Kettle brand baked chips. Can't wait to see what recipe you're going to share, and I wonder what the heck is on that corn. The whole plate made my mouth water.