Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Six Feet Under Finale Scene

I have been inspired by Jen ->
She shared the final scene of LOST with all of us.

I was a faithful viewer to Six Feet Under from 2001-2005.

Here's the story behind the final scene; in a nutshell. Three siblings, Claire (the girl leaving in the car; she's going off to art school), Nate (Peter Crause) and David ( Showtimes's Dexter). The three of them help operate the family's funeral home.

Nate died during the final season of the show. 10 seconds into the clip, he tells Claire "you can't take a picture of it, it's already gone." He's also shown in Claire's side mirror as she leaves. For the rest of the clip, you see the other main characters from the show as they die, followed by their name and dates of birth and death. Many times a fallen loved one is standing nearby, to offer comfort. As the matriarch dies in her hospital bed, her deceased husband is seen sitting in the corner of the room, smoking a cigarette. It sounds crass to read, but when viewed has a hauntingly effective way of showing us that although we may exit this world completely alone, a loved one is waiting for us, on the other side.

Extremely powerful. Beautiful song. Please watch it.





3 comments:

Liz Anne said...

I used to watch this show all the time, I lost interest when Rico became a partner, then got back into it near the end but never saw the finale (though I did know Nate died). It's on some station like ION during the week. Thanks for sharing the clip.

toni said...

I amended the post a bit - forgot Nate was in the first part of the scene.

I never got tired of it, but I do feel like the first season was the best.

I need to go back and watch the last two seasons of 24; got rid of the DVR so I didn't get a chance to watch them. Looking forward to that.

Jennifer said...

I never watched this show. However I think it's very cool the way they showed each character pass in later years. Very creative.