Saturday, May 24, 2008

A very memorable Memorial Day weekend

Today usually marks the beginning of the summer season for our family. Every year, we "open" our 85 degree pool and jump in to cool off from the 100 degree temps. Currently, it's 61 degrees and overcast. The pool is 68 degrees. Weird. By my personal record, I have never witnessed a weekend as cool as this in May. I welcome it. Living in sunny Arizona, you always feel pressured to be outside. We are seldom housebound.

Currently, I can hear Scot watching the Braves game, covered in a blanket. Maggie is on the other computer, and Nora is muttering "there is nothing to do right now. I am bored". I am sitting in my bra and jeans with highlighter in my hair, relishing the do-nothingness of the day. If I get the itch, I just might fold the laundry. Then again, maybe I won't. When the heat in Arizona carries on for 5 months, you take any break you can get. Yup. This is nice. Summer can wait.

No comments: