Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Diary, (my friends)

My mom left for a week in Puerto Vallerta yesterday. She's joining great family friends, Tom and Peg. I hope she sits on the beach every day, surrounded by fresh fish and margaritas.

Nora has bronchitis. Poor lamb has been sick since Wednesday. I took her to the doc today as she had sprouted a fever. We have the best doc in the world. We has swamped but he managed to get us in today. I left with 5 prescriptions; I always feel it's been worth it if I score on the pharmaceuticals. We're hoping the meds kick in for Nora soon.

I did the damn homework. Uh oh. Looks like it's been stepped up to 38 terms. This might require 3 weeks of memorization, round-robin and spelling. Scot told me I'll probably have points deducted for typing the assignment.

We had the most fantastic grilled chicen with Caribbean citrus and caper sauce last night. Mark Bittman rules. Check out his book , The Best Recipes in the World.

Night Night. :)

Ciao.

1 comment:

Happy Me said...

Puerto Vallarta is wonderful!! I hope your mom enjoys herself and that the weather is perfect and warm!

Poor Nora :-( I hope she feels better soon! Bronchitis is no fun!!

Poor you! Another 3 weeks of terms!! YUCK!!!

Dinner sounds yummy, I'll have to check out the book - I'm addicted to new cookbooks!! Thanks for the tip :-)