Friday, March 12, 2010

Facebook

I got off the Facebook grid about a month ago. Well, I'm still there. I've just stopped updating my status every time I sneeze. My friend Karen let me know (via Facebook) that John Mayer is doing a digital cleanse as well (he needs to). I'm not so sure dropping Facebook has kept me and my mouth out of trouble, but it is saving me great amounts of time. While I love knowing what 30 friends had for dinner or what novel is worth reading, I found myself opting out of certain "friends" feeds, as they were annoying the hell out of me. I can't help but think the feeling is mutual. I myself was posting the most absurd things for 100 of my not-so-closest friends to read. Do I really need to air that? I have a blog for that reason. Only the people who actually, sort-of, kind of like/tolerate me read my blog.

I might go back to Facebook. I really enjoy my fellow bloggers updates, and some old friends from Camden Catholic (Theresa, Kathi, etc.) Heck, if it weren't for Facebook and Myspace, I wouldn't have found Jen T.

But I might not. I find I am beading more, reading more, and am generally available to my family most of the time. Quite liberating.

No comments: