Thursday, March 25, 2010

Is there an illegitimate child in my child's future? Not if I can help it!


"Nora, you may not get those shoes! You are not a hoochie, and you are not working the corner. FORGET ABOUT IT. IT IS NOT HAPPENING!"

"
You are five years old!"

- Me, on a recent shoe-shopping trip to Kohl's, for Nora
(the above pics are the desired shoes)

When Nora was 4 she told me she wanted to name her children something to the effect of "Stargazerlilly" and "Sugarplumb". That wasn't it, but you get the drift.

When we go out clothes shopping, Nora always wants the washed-out pastel polyester dress. The one where the top is a thin cotton that gives way to layers of flimsy fire-retardant blue and cream rayon ruffles.

She's been known to put glitter in her hair while prepping for school.

When I'm putting on makeup the kid stands behind me, taking notes.

Why do I have a sick feeling this child seems to be headed directly to the "strippa po"?

2 comments:

Happy Me said...

LOL!! Maybe she's just going to be a creative fashionista or an artiste :-)

Liz Anne said...

Kae puts glitter EVERYWHERE. One of her friends calls her "glitter t*ts". She was laughing when she told me that little tidbit (I'd rather she share than not). I told her that can be her stripper name