Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Girls, what the heck is that?



I was drinking my coffee this morning when I looked out into the back yard and saw something strange. At first glance, I thought it was a palm frond or tumbleweed. After all, this is Arizona. Then I saw teeth. And the dastardly appearance of rigor mortis came into view. "What the fu@# is that? " I thought. I gathered the girls around me, and headed out back to investigate. I knew I needed them. Not so much for moral support, but rather to identify this creature. Ol' Zoe Zoologist thought it was a skunk or a possum. "Mommy, it's a raccoon, " Maggie told me. And so it was. Dead, in my back yard. Now I know, most of you are thinking "so what." But we do not have these type of creatures scampering about in the hot desert. Coyotes, yes. Snakes, yes. But my kids had a lark with the squirrels in Michigan, as we don't have them in central Arizona.

So, what was a girl to do? Call the husband and have him remove it on his lunch hour. How I love being a girl!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ummm...when I first looked at the pic I thought it was just rolling around and scratching his back. EWWWWW!!!! Thank goodness the girls were there to back up mom in her time of need!