Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 29- Magnificent

Nora Ruby chomping on a pretzel


Scot not looking because he had not showered. It's 7 pm and I still haven't.

Everything today was "magnificent." That's because this morning I finally found "Magnificent", U2's new single on YouTube. For weeks, Sirius radio has been playing the single, but I haven't been able to listen to a bootleg copy online. Till today. What a great song. It's soaring vocals, awesome guitar riffs and beautiful lyrics have me peeing my pants. The album is released on Tuesday, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

So today, things were "magnificent." We celebrated Scot's birthday today. A bike ride, steak on the grill, and ice cream cake were on his easy daily agenda. Even laundry folding got a punch from pretzels and beer. What a magnificent way to spend a Sunday.

It was a magnificent 80 degrees, and Maggie is on the mend from a bout of bronchitis. Happy Birthday (tomorrow) Scot. You're 38, but you don't look a day older than when I met you. You were 24 then. Where has the time gone? I love you, you magnificent man.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It was 80 degrees for you guys today and we're getting a blizzard tonight! The snow has already begun!

Joelle said...

Happy Birthday, Scot!