Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 44 - What's NOT Broken?

I'm in the bedroom on the laptop. Watching a rerun of "Millionaire Matchmaker." Not really a choice. Driven here. By broken things. The keyboard in the office is beyond repair. The 'shift' and 'control' buttons are stuck together with blue raspberry Popsicle juice. So when I hit shift, a third undetermined (to me) function happens. Sometimes the entire page becomes underlined, and other times I'm thrown off the screen I am working on. Rather than clean the keyboard, or purchase a new one, I've become adept at hitting the shift button on the left side of the keyboard. I am now typing with one hand exclusively, and this blog has taken me entirely too long to write. I started writing this on the laptop in the family room, but ended up in my bedroom. After the TV turned off. The 11-year old family room boob tube stays on for about twenty minutes until, without warning, the screen goes completely black. I would be watching one of the chick flicks I checked out of the library in my bedroom, but I can't. Damn player is broken.

No comments: