Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 46 - Going Beady





Last Mother's Day, I received a gift certificate to an "Introduction to Beading" class at Bead World. Here it is late March and I still hadn't redeemed the thing. Not for lack of trying. The class is two hours, and is offered about twice a month, at off-times. Any time I checked, Scot had class, or I was working.

Three weeks ago, I lined up Scot to sit with the kids. This week I roped my mother into going with me to take the class. I figured it would take her mind off things with my dad. From 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. we learned how to crimp and tie our creations. The class included the kit to make our own bracelets. We got to pick our own color family and I chose the clear crystal Swarovski beads and pearls in taupe and olive green. There were six woman in the class, and all were relaxed and friendly. After the instruction, I picked out green and coral beads to make the bracelet I've been looking for you years, but have never found. Now I will make it. The class was $30, and I walked away with some new knowledge, great time spent with my mom, and a new bracelet. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

.....and Mom hardly thought of Natalie all morning. Good job!