Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 45 - Pancreatitis Means Drinking Quite Mighteous


There is a reason college kids drink as much as they do. Their lithe, clean systems can tolerate some abuse. Your body can't handle that amount of liquor when you're 68. But God love Norm for trying.

When Norm went to the hospital last Sunday, the doctor asked him if he had been drinking a lot lately. Norm replied, "We
were on a family cruise. I ate a lot and drank a lot.
"Yes, 10 beers a day." It's a wonder the man isn't fossilized.

Here's proof of the good time my father had.

(At left is my dad (or as we call him 'the guy from Weekend At Bernie's) on the last day of the cruise. He was taking a nap, and was starting to feel the pain of pancreatitis.)

(At right is Natalie, my dad's UofA crush. She was on our ship and my dad thought she was a cute, little thing. I have no idea what the heck was going on when I snapped this photo, and frankly, I'm not sure I want to know.)

3 comments:

Joelle said...

LOVE the analogy to Weekend at Bernies. Riot.

Unknown said...

Hey...I look pretty good. No wonder those coeds are all over me. Bernie

Tom C. said...

Having know Norm for 25 years and being of the same vintage, I feel I can speak with some authority as to what was going on with Natalie. He was day dreaming of yesteryear or as the Boss says "Glory Days". I also remember days gone bye when a beer every 1/2 hour was the norm for Norm at Jamboree in the Hills & we were there 12 hours each day.
Of course we were much younger then, but our bodies tell when to slow down sooner or later.
Fortunately the heart is still young and full of love.

TC