Saturday, March 7, 2009

day 35- broken

Everything is kind of broken today. well, just the keyboard and my body. Years of abuse and neglect are breaking down both. with the keyboard, it's been an excess of popsicle spills, Oreo crumbs and gatorade. The kids have claimed this computer, and as goes for most things in my life (refer to old blog entries), the keyboard is the latest victim of their use and torture. I can't capitalize 'w' and 'b'. SSSSSSSsticks sometimes, and at times the whole thing locks up. scot's golfing this morning, so I have entertained the notion of taking the keyboard out back and frying the works with the garden hose. If he was home, I wouldn't attempt such a fantastically stupid feat. Left to my own devices, i follow my kids' lead and conduct my own science experiments.

I've logged on early today, as I've got a touch of the black lung, and might have to take to my bed for the remainder of the day. Or at least after I cook breakfast for the children, and ferry their butts to the choo-choo park for a morning's activities. Last night was night 3 of not sleeping well. Upon ssseing me after night 1, my friend Kelly asked if everything was okay. I wear my sleepiness on my face with deep, black circles. I'm achy, though not entirely sure it's not a result of driving the bike and trailer at break neck sspeed.

I'm also doing this entry now because this evening, my selfless wonderful parents are watching the children so scot and I can go see "slumdog Millionare" and down some sushi and Kirin. that's right, i give heaps of credit to the people who make my life happier and easier. plus, they read my blog. off to repair my body with tylenol and coffee. i'll let you know how the sparks fly with the keyboard.

if you consider flossing your teeth a more valuable exercise than reading this blog, please suggest some topics. I hate to think I'm in this alone.

2 comments:

La Rivera said...

Ooh... Kirin.

We are going to do a big group blog challenge soon, you should join!

Joelle said...

LOVE the new lead photo at the top. Where was that taken? I hope you are feeling better.