Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 33- A Picture You Can't Argue With


Mary and George (Mother and Her Brother)


Mary is 67. George just turned 70. Both were born to parents in their 40's, who died young. "I love my brother!" Mary always says in the same sing-songy way. I see myself in my mom, and in my Uncle George. I see the grandfather I only know from pictures in my Uncle George, and the gentleness Nana possessed in my mom. All of their family is gone now, and has been for over 40 years. They are each others only link to the past. They have a very special bond, and I'm glad they have each other.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had no idea your mom was so young when she lost her mother. How sad. I cannot imagine.

Joelle said...

A photo to put in a safe. Make a copy...make 10 copies. You should print out this entry and include a hard copy of the photo. Your girls will cherish this bit of their history when they are older