Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cindy McVicodin and My touch with "Greatness"


I should start by saying I've had a little to drink. And I'm feeling particularly biased tonight. So excuse me if I offend your sensibilities, but it's my blog for hell's sake. You don't HAVE to read it. But if you're my friend you will.

Cindy McCain looked sort of "soft" and pretty last night. Gone was the shellacked do, and instead she went for the waves. The green dress evokes a fleeting Wicked Witch of the West image, but like I said, it's fleeting. Overall, I think it was working for her and her coloring. At least it wasn't the requisite red or blue damn-it-I'm-an-American suit. I gotta know; what's with the ice princess persona Cindy's got going this time around? Back in 2000, she was looking spry and sported a cute, short haircut. And never mind the fact that was eight years ago and she suffered a stroke in 2004. We all look older, but not ancient. I'm thinking it must be an attempt to make her look mature, around John's age. Or to not have Cindy look like the loaded, younger, hot temptress she was when John met her. When he was married to his first wife. That he left. For her. OOOHHHHH. That hurt. It can't be easy being Mrs. McCain. It would suck to constantly have your dramas and battles laid out for everyone to see. And blog about.

I saw John McCain in person, five years ago. His son, Jimmy, and my sister-in-law, graduated from the same Lutheran middle school. McCain was the honorary speaker that night, and I almost rubbed shoulders with him afterwards. We all attended the same reception, but I didn't have the guts to approach him and give him a shake. I thought the poor man should be able to enjoy his son's accomplishment without being pestered. So I left the man alone. At the time I thought his glory days of running for president were over (wasn't he 87 then?). Little did I know. In the midst of all the meeting-and-greeting he did, I watched him. I noticed how kind and patient he was to everyone. I've heard about his temper and half expected him to launch into a Tourette's shit-fuck-leave-me-alone-cocksuckers rant. But he didn't . I was moderately impressed. Not so much I want to vote for him. But he wasn't heinous. And that was nice to see. My sister-in-law Alex offered a little dirt on the McCain's when I pressed her. She went out with Jimmy a few times. Mostly she said that Jimmy was a bit of a jerk, and his care was pretty much left to the nanny. I'm not sure this information surprised me, but it was a trifle sad to know it was true.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cindy's handlers need to tone down the color of her hair a few shades. No first lady should have that hair.