Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"We write to taste life twice. Once in the moment and in retrospection." - Anais Nin

What a beautiful sentiment. Exactly how I feel about blogging. There have been times I've barrelled past the dog and children to escape to the office to put it all down. It's addictive, but in a very cleansing way. Once I've released the hostage thoughts, I think a little more clearly.

I completely plagiarized that quote from another Blogger. This morning I was watching the Today Show, who was highlighting a mother of 4 who had recently been injured in a plane crash. Stephanie Nielson, and her husband Christian, survived the accident but are in serious condition with extensive burns. Up until the crash, Stephanie had kept a daily blog on her love and joy of motherhood. Something like this one (squinting of eyes and screwed up mouth is the face I'm making ). In only two weeks the couples medical bills have topped $2 million. Their insurance pays the first million. Word of Stephanie's situation has spread and blog readers and anonymous Americans have ponied up $100k. The Internet is a marvel. What a blessing for that family.

Anyway, the wonderful quote was on Stephanie's sister's blog. Both blogs are found at www.nieniedialogues.com You can read it to check on Stephanie and Christian's conditions. The site also has pictures of the cute couple and their adorable litter, I mean family. As for Stephanie's blog, this is how the Today Show described it.


In the cluttered landscape of “mommy blogs,” Stephanie Nielson stood out: a mother of four young children who focused on the joys of motherhood instead of its travails.


Holy fish patties! Did you see that? They even referred to mother's woes as "travails." Oops.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I have been "keeping an eye" on this family since I accidently found Stephanie's blog. It is amazing to me that so many people who have never met have come together in a time of need. The world is still a very good place some times.