Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A few of my favorite things (for today)

Best New word alert (new for me, the one who dwells in 1989)

Scrote
- ( pronounced : skwrote) - A derogatory name for a man. Comparing a man to a hairy, nasty scrotum.
Used in a sentence- "That egomaniac down the street is such a scrot" .

Best website

www.penzeys.com


If you reach deep levels of satisfaction reading recipes and finding great spices, check out Penzeys site. Send for a free catalogue or visit the store nearest you. Their spices are absurdly fresh and well-priced. Their recipes kick ass, and their stores are a veritable feast for the nose.

Trader Joe's Plain Refrigerated Pizza Dough

I am so over Boboli and other crap they sell at the regular supermarket. And I sure as heck am not going to roll out my own. This dough is phenomenal. Take it out of the bag, let it rest for 20 minutes, roll in out, and top it. As good as any take-out pizza. And it's less than $1.50. I just bought 5 and froze them. Hope they keep. Neighbor on San Vicente, and you know who you are, I have one coming for you. I tried to drop it off tonight, but you weren't home. You lose. Just kidding. I'll try tomorrow.






2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Two things...I just made my own pizza dough for the first time Monday night. Not bad, but not really worth the trouble. Second, wasn't San Vicente the street you guys lived on when you first moved to AZ in '89? How do I remember that?

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Wow, you are good. Yeah, Scot and I bought a house one street back from San Vicente. Now we live on San Victor. The neighbor I'm talking about lives right across the street from my old house. Wicked memory!