Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Phone Muzak for your eyes




Scot had an interview today. The damn thing took 2 hours. I seriously think he was better vetted for the job than VP nominee Palin, but that's another story. Scot felt good about it, but he's felt that way when things didn't go our way. Now we wait. Here's where all the self-doubt and agony come in. The truth is that the guy is interviewing other people. I know that Scot would lay his scrotum on the line in this job, but this guy doesn't know that. I really wish I could come with him on these escapades. "Please, take him. Really, I can vouch for him. I'm his wife. He doesn't promise what he can't deliver!" I'm sure that would be appreciated.

So, I wait. And I'll keep waiting. In the meantime, I'll stare at our neighborhood distraction. Dan O'Brien lives down the street. Who? Dan O'Brien. He won the gold medal for the decathlon in the 1996 Olympics. Dan has a body like Adonis. He's a nice guy, too. I've given up waiting for him to pick up the paper in his skivvies, but I see him walking his dogs daily. I don't want the guy or anything. He's just a flower on the landscape. He's my smile when I drink my cup of coffee. He's my Desperate Housewives Moment. I thought I would share him with you. Go ahead.

1 comment:

La Rivera said...

Hi Toni. I read your blog too :D I don't remember whether it was your 'sexiest father' tribute or the Weeds banana peel post (my favorite Weeds scene of all time) that got me hooked, but I've been a faithful reader of yours. Rock on!