Monday, February 2, 2009

Blame Joelle

Joelle told me today that she's going to snap photos for 365 consecutive days. She got the idea off of some photo site. Obviously if you shoot enough pics, your technique improves, and you learn a whole lot about what does and doesn't work. "Yeah, great!" I said. "Do it!"

Damn, I had to go and encourage her.

"Ya know, why don't you do it with your writing?" Miss Smarty Pants offered. The more you write, the better you get."

I told Scot, who threw in his opinion. "She right. I think you get so hung up on writing the perfect thing, that it cuts down on how much you write. Just write."

So, Today is DAY 1 of 365 days of dribble. I will make every attempt to log on every day, from now on, until Punxsutawney Phil does his thing again, next Feb. 2.

Please help me by giving me ideas and topics to blog about. You'll be reading (gun to the head) so let me know what you want to read.

And if you hate it all, blame Joelle. :)

1 comment:

Joelle said...

Ok, dear, I am thrilled that you are going forward with it. Much better than I, as I have only talked about it. So, here are some ideas of what to write about in an effort not to read 360 days of The Dirty Sanchez.

Travel stories - great places, secluded venues. You've traveled a ton. Think back to it.
Airline stories - you have the funniest stories from this chapter in your life. Like the New Yorker that asked you to have the pilot file a different flight plan so the plane wouldn't ascend so quickly.
Kids- they say the funniest things.

Just a few ideas to get started.
Hugs, me