Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 51 - Michigan, here We come



















I purchased the tickets to Michigan today. Any time I spend over $100, on anything, I get a little nervous (Scot would say it's giddy excitement, but destitute times are never far from my mind.)

I've been searching online for days, and today I hit the "purchase" button. Total price = $991.70. Initially, I gasped and was looking for the loo. But then I came to terms with the money vanished.

Maggie, Nora and I will be gone May 30th - June 20th. Same cottage on Silver Lake in Rockford, Michigan. My brother lives across the lake, and my Uncle George six doors down from him. It's where my kids first saw an ice cream truck, and my mom and I stroll the quaint downtown shops.

When I look back at these pictures from last year, I realize I am making an investment in my children's' memories of how summer should be. Have you ever been to Arizona in July?
I would feel so much guiltier if the money had been dumped on clothes or knickknacks. When it comes to travel and new experiences, I can justify just about anything.

1 comment:

stacy said...

if it makes you feel any better, we'll dump that $$ on summer camps and still be bloody hot!!1