Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 61 - The Gift

Growing up, my mother always told me "God gives something to everyone." What she meant by that was that you probably wouldn't get it all, but you'd get something. God didn't leave anyone out in the cold. A pretty girl might be vacant and a homely woman might have the voice of an angel. But in the end, we all have a special gift.

It was hard to explain to Nora why I was crying when she caught me watching this video this afternoon. Les Miserables is powerful enough to get me teary when I sing it , but when it's sung by someone who has such command and beauty to their voice, it's utterly moving.

Susan Boyle, you rock. May you reap all the rewards of your precious gift.

Please watch this so you too, can cry.


1 comment:

Liz Anne said...

Goosebumps every time. One of my favorite songs from les Miz and this woman does it beautifully.