Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 62 - Totally Scattered, Completely Random

Let's rename "TLC" (The Learning Channel) to Totally Loose Cannons. Every show now involves some freaky, uncommon life. Tonight's offerings alone included The Mermaid Girl , Jon and Kate Plus 8 ( where they have accepted "God's Gift" of eight in-vitro children), and 18 Kids And Counting. Later tonight, Toddlers and Tiaras will be airing.

I contemplated a career at The Great Indoors today. Quickly reconsidered when I realized I would dump my entire $500 paycheck on merchandise. Need a job at Jiffy Lube.

Maggie informed me that she would like to have a Capuchin monkey. Said monkey would help her "turn off lights and get the remote control for her." Nora said she would stop playing with the electronic thermometer because "if it breaks, you'll have to buy another and you'll be in the poorhouse."

Dreyer's (or Edy's if your West of the Mississippi) has a fantastic new flavor. It's Mud Pie. Coffee ice cream, chocolate cookies, and fudge sauce running throughout. It's sweet, it's salty, it's deep. It's fantastically delicious.

The tourism commercial for Michigan makes me cry. Not because it's Michigan, but because the narrator reminds us that we all have 25,000 mornings to live. And we live most of those mornings scurrying to work and on the treadmill. The camera then shows a glorious sunrise lighting up a boathouse. Hand me the Kleenex.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love "you'll be in the poorhouse."

Love the new header picture as well.