Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 69 - Oooh That Smell, Can't You Smell That Smell?

I'd rather be deaf than olfactory-challenged. Because if I can't smell, I can't taste, and then what fun would life be? I remember when INXS's Michael Hutchence died, many people believed it was a suicide. Apparently, Hutchence had lost his sense of smell in an accident and subsequently became severely depressed. Interesting.

Lately, things aren't smelling so good around here. Despite the numerous plug-ins stationed around the house, I can't cover up the smell of death in the bathrooms. After sniffing around for a pile of dog dung, a rat, or a forgotten child, I've honed in on the source. The stinkity-stank-stank is rising from the sinks. It smells like asparagus piss. Any ideas? I'm on my way to research this after I log off here.

In good-smelling news, my Amazon purchase arrived yesterday. It's called "Perfumes, The Guide," by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez. In my obsession with scent, I am getting the experts opinions on what perfumes rank high, which ones low, and why that is. Naturally, two of my favorites, Amarige, and Organza, are considered stinkers, being called "loud and unmissable." Hmm... I've heard those words used to describe me before.

"That Smell," Lynyrd Skynyrd, 1977.

Please hop on over to visit with the ladies on the right. That would be Jen, LaRivera, Blah, Blah, Blog, and a new blogger friend, The Tenacious Blogger. I would link them all in, but that would require more schooling.

2 comments:

Happy Me said...

I've heard that baking soda works wonders. This link has detailed instructions :-)

http://housekeeping.about.com/od/environment/qt/bksd_drains.htm

La Rivera said...

The same thing happened in my condo... ugggh... after nothing worked, I dumped half a bottle of bleach down the drain and ran the hot water for a few minutes. I'm usually not a bleacher, but I tried other things for weeks and nothing worked. But the bleach sure did! I also read somewhere it can have something to do with your toilet, so I bleached the crap out of the tank and flushed it a lot. Voila! I can't believe I'm admitting to this on Earth Day.