Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 78 - I Drove All Night

I detest bikers (the kind on bikes, not hogs). But I've talked about that before. Here is Arizona they clog the streets, they don't acknowledge that runners (or cars) share the road, and have a general pissy attitude.

Let it be known how I feel: lycra +bikes = assholes.

I'm not mincing words today. Same goes with those people in spinning classes. You are not Lance Armstrong, so take off your damn cleats. Lance needs those things so that his foot doesn't slip when he's climbing the Alps. You're at 24 Fitness and look like a douche bag that spent too much money on unnecessary apparel.

I did my own spinning today. I put the kids in the trailer, hopped on the bike (sans helmet) and rode as hard as I could for 45 minutes. I felt the wind in my hair, stayed on the sidewalk, and waved at passersbys. Just my attempt to make the World a friendlier, happier place. God knows I screw up a lot else. I just don't think everything (biking included) has to be such serious bloodsport.

One of my favorite songs to run or bike to is Cnydi Lauper's "I Drove All Night." Roy Orbison's is good too. Not Celine Dion's version. My guess is that she takes spinning classes.

2 comments:

La Rivera said...

hahaha! jersey lycra bikers are douches, too.

Jennifer said...

Great song! I love Cyndi!