Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 72 - I'm going to the bunker...

Psst... You there?

I'm thinking of going to the bunker. Did ya hear about the swine flu in Mexico? Yeah, well, it's closed down Mexico City.

Remember how freaked I got the year child flu shots were rationed? That's right, you drove with me 120 miles to Tucson so I could immunize Maggie. She was only 14 months when that happened. It was worth it.

And then the SARS outbreak? I could have sworn that's what Maggie had on the cruise when they wanted to airvac her out.

I wasn't as freaked about the Avian Flu being it was in Asia and all, but it was still on my radar.

But this, this has me seriously concerned.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Diane and I were in London once. We chomped down on red meat galore. We came home to hear about Mad Cow Disease. Sometimes I still wonder if it's dormant in me and just waiting for it's moment to spring to life.

Mary said...

I remember the infamous Trip to Tucson. It was really no big deal. It was like going down to the corner to Walgreens. Never under estimate the power of a mother and a nana. The pioneer women of the dust bowl had nothing on us. Mary