Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 52 - What the f....?

During the week, Scot wakes up Maggie at 6:40 a.m. Nora then strolls out of her room about 10 minutes later. It's clockwork. Both never wake up any earlier. Today, Nora woke me at 5:30 a.m. "I'm done sleeping!" she said. I don't think so. I set her up on my couch in the bedroom, because when I'm tired I don't do the rational thing, which in this case would have been sending her back to bed. I think the kid went back to sleep, but I didn't. The damage was done, and I was awake. Last Saturday Maggie was the early riser. I am not rewarding these children with cookies and a dance party at this hour, so I'm not sure what the appeal of rising so early is. All they get is a grouchy mother who turns on the TV, and goes back to bed. Last Sunday we smartened up. We set the TV timer to go on at 6:30. Of course that morning they slept in.

No comments: