Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 75 - Loving Kermit

I've always been partial to Kermit and the gang. Back in the day, I watched every Jim Henson production. The Muppets had an edge and sarcasm other 70's TV shows lacked. Gonzo was nuts, the Swedish Chef obviously, but brilliantly, a Julia child knock-off , and Miss Piggy a serious high-maintenance pig. I always marveled at Kermit's restraint. He should have kicked her fat ass to the curb.

When Maggie was born, Scot and I got nostalgic and downloaded "The Rainbow Connection." We would dance with Maggie, and sing the song to her. I don't know of any other frog that has made me cry. Consider these sensitive lyrics:


Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
When wished on a morning star?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it.
Look what it's done so far.

Have you been half asleep, and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.

I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm s'posed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.


Kermit's copyright has been infringed upon on Youtube, so enjoy Jason Mraz singing the song and talking about it.


2 comments:

Happy Me said...

OMG - I LOVE that song and always have! I hadn't thought of it for years and now will be happily humming it all day. It brings back memories of being in Chorus my freshman year of high school...29 years ago! (YIKES!!!!)

La Rivera said...

Not only did I get chills reading those lyrics, I know I will cry if I watch the video. I'm debating it. Deep, deep, deep. Excellent choice, though.