Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 104 - What I've Learned

What I've Learned (If Anything) This Week (quoting Willy Geist from Morning Joe)

1. Six-year- old boys can smell like hoagies. Are they really maturing this fast? And if so, does he already want to bone my five-year-old?

2. Waiting for a life-changing surgery is much like waiting for a baby in week 39 of pregnancy. As much as you want to see that baby's face, you have no idea what you're going to get. There's a chance you'll never sleep again. If they have colic, throw in a personal prescription for uppers. Once this surgery is complete, we'll know what we're up against. I'm only hoping it's calm, bonding , healing time. This afterglow would be complete with hope of a renewed, healthy life.

3. Fat Tire's Skinny Dip beer has me feeling robbed. It's got nice hops, but has a light finish. Give me the calories and something to burp about.

4. It's much easier to bite your tongue with family than with a stranger in a parking lot. Although this may save feelings and face, it does seem to lead to dysfunction.

5. Bernice eats like Scot and Nora - light. Patrick eats anything within reach- like Nora and myself. We all tend to favor the dog with the similar appetite.

6. You marry what you expect. If you don't expect to be treated well, chances are you won't be treated well.

7. If you're going to have a beer, have the one you really want. Life is too short to save 30 calories.

1 comment:

Liz Anne said...

Thank you for sharing your new found knowledge. #7 is my favorite.