Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 84 - Flood

I just had my Mommy Dearest moment for the day. Nora called me into the bathroom to narc on her sister. Maggie, in her attempt to rid the tub of a single leaf, had dumped umpteen buckets of water onto the floor. It took four gigantic towels to sop up the mess. In the middle of it all was my "Best of the Best," a terrific Food and Wine Magazine book. I was ENRAGED. I pulled Maggie out of the tub, screaming "why would you do that, why? why? did you ever think?", only to realize I didn't know what I was going to do with her then. I put her back in the tub. Some days (today!, some Wednesdays, often on Mondays) I simply cannot bear the irrationality and selfishness children exhibit.

So, it is with that frustration that I bring you two cute quotes for the day. I write them to remind myself that there are moments of endearing cuteness. I'm not feeling it right now, but I know they exist.

"Holy Mother, dear mercy, save me!" Maggie, as she was running away from a bee yesterday.

"Carey said he threw up and had diary." Nora, talking about her friend Carey.

1 comment:

Happy Me said...

My heart goes out to you. You're not doing motherhood right if you don't encounter moments like those! The good thing is, the moment passes and happy times replace the difficult ones.

Hope you have a wonderful mother's day!