Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 79 - Home is Where I Wanted To Go





If The Elephant Man waltzed into my bedroom, hauled in a piano, and sat down and proceeded to play, I'd consider jumping his bones.

Pianos and violins are that sexy.

When I first heard Coldplay (circa 2000) I freaked the heck out. The song was "Yellow." I caught the music video to see Chris Martin hammering on the piano keys, head drooping down with each passionate bang. I became an instant Coldplay fan. The melodies melted me, the choruses swooned, and the boys knocked me out. Excuse me if I'm not ready to ditch it all and leave should Martin knock at the door; his piano playing isn't enough. Martin just strikes me as a bit of a freak. But I'll take Guy Berryman. He's the bass guitar player. Together we'd be Toni+Guy. But I digress...

In my will, I have made specific mention that "Clocks" be played at my memorial service. Yeah, I know. Seems like something I should revisit in a few years. But the song ends on such a sweet, melancholic note.

You are home
Home, is where I wanted to go.
Home is where i wanted to go.

This is my all-time favorite song. EVER.

No comments: