Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 90- Now, pictures

Oh dear readers. Soon I will shut up and start blogging about something else. But, sorry for you, not tonight.

The Obamanator was wonderful. As usual, he made all other speakers sound unrehearsed, uninspiring, downright stupid.

A special hello to DAM, who called tonight. I owe you a call. Thank you for the kind words on the answering machine. And thank you to my blogging buddy, Liz. I copied your cool photobucket slideshow.

His speech's message was brilliantly packaged into the theme of "your body of work is never done." Apropos as ASU was cheeky and would not award Our President an honorary degree (for the love of God ASU, who do you think you are- MIT?) Give the former president of the Harvard Law Review and the Commander In Chief the degree, okay? Obama took this slight, twisted it, and parlayed into his central theme. He essentially told the graduates that learning is never complete, and that they can never rest on their laurels. He came off gracious, but funny. One of the best zingers was when he told the president of ASU to watch his back with the IRS.

2 comments:

Liz Anne said...

I find Obama very eloquent, one of the few presidents so far that I enjoy listening to.

Nice slideshow too :)

Liz Anne said...

PS. My mom is the beautiful silver haired woman in the pictures of us sitting on the couch. My stepmom, Louise, has the platinum hair.