Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 105 - Sweet Life



photos from clockwise top left (China, Brazil, Pakistan) Week In Pictures, May 21-28 , MSNBC

Heavens to Betsy! The crazy shit these poor people and animals are going through!




Scot and I took in a Diamondback/Braves game today. When Scot graduated, Joelle outdid herself in the gift-giving department and sent him two tickets to the game. It was a touching personal gesture, as Scot is from Atlanta and loves the Braves. We enjoyed the alone time, complete with hot dogs and soft pretzels.

While we were at the game, Scot reminded me that today would be my first full day at the cottage, had we gone. Instead, we stayed home while my father awaits his surgery. Today, my brother came in from Michigan, and I went a baseball game (that alone is bizarre.)

Life changes with a phone call, , and what seems to matter is how you regroup and carry on despite the disappointment. After the game, we returned for the kids, and had dinner with my parents and Tim. All in all, a nice day. Not Michigan by the lake, but not a sharp stick in the eye, either.

Every now and then, I check out MSNBC or Time's Pictures of the Week. Not only are the photos breathtaking, but they also remind me of the sweet, easy life I live in this wonderful country. Adversity is adversity, but I cannot imagine handling a problem child or sick parent in dirty, flooded, inhospitable living conditions.

My problems? Nah, not so much.

No comments: