Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 96 - I should Have Stayed Home. Oh wait, I never left!

Norm is scheduled to be scheduled for surgery in the next ten days. It is a mass, and it needs to come out. We don't know what kind of mass it is, but it's fast-growing. As I was recounting my dad's condition to a friend at Maggie's school, Nora threw up on my shoes. I took her home to find she has a fever. Mama told me there would be days like this.

A friend's little girl was bit by the family cat. When my friend asked her daughter what happened, her daughter replied "I touched Boo's privates." When I heard this, I shot a snot booger I laughed so hard. While sitting on the side of the pool with the kids, I went to put my leg down on the step. Only I miscalculated, and fell boob-deep into the pool. All I could do was laugh.

I am looking for humor and joy in everything, because I am so sad. I am clutching my loved ones to my chest and savoring every moment. As my mom and I sat crying today, my dad walked up to us and jokingly said "Hey, I am here to help you get through this." He is right. With each other, our love, and our humor, we will get through this.

2 comments:

Happy Me said...

What a day! Thank goodness you have your family and a great sense of humor.

Sounds like a nice glass of wine (or whatever drink you enjoy) and some quiet time are in order!

Anonymous said...

Check your email. : )