Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 94 - The Office





My New Part-time Gig

I spent two hours cold-calling today. Scot and Keith's company is helping a friend to raise sponsorship for a golf tournament. I called companies in the Seattle area and tried to generate interest in parting with 500-5000 dollars. I received one lecture about the economic crisis (in other words 'go screw yourself') and 15 voice mailboxes. I tried to sound concise and sexy with the men, polite and no-nonsense with the chicks. You could call it "playing to my audience."

It wasn't selling a book, or my spectacular jewels at a craft fair, but it wasn't changing shitty diapers either. It's a job. I suppose I'll give it another couple of days. I've already let my employer know that if I'm given the pick of the work, there will be something in it for him. Who knows; maybe I'll be calling you soon. If you don't hang up on me, I'll let you call me Pam.

No comments: